Parking Cashier/Attendant Job Description
Pilgrim Parking is one of the largest, privately held parking companies in New England. Based in Boston for nearly half a century, we provide our clients and customers with a complete range of operations, planning and design services. We manage, lease, and own some of the newest and largest parking facilities in the region. Pilgrim Parking's general scope of business includes Management of Public and Private Parking, Operations Planning and Functional Design Consultation, Acquisition and Development of Parking Facilities, Owner Representation and Renovation of Parking Facilities.
If you are ready to build your skills and experience while making an impact on customers, then we want to talk to you about our opportunities! In our cashiers, we look for driven individuals who are ready to be a part of a team and showcase the best of Pilgrim Parking! We value growth from within, and if that is what you are looking for then this is the career for you! This position provides training and grooming for future advancement within Pilgrim Parking.
- Provide exceptional customer service and make the guest’s experience the priority in every transaction
- Properly process cash, credit card, check, and validation transactions based upon location parking rates
- Ability to use radio to call garage if transaction must be processed manually
- Document all transactions on shift report in accordance with company policy
- Ability to follow money drop procedure
- Ability to account for all cash received and tendered
- Maintain cleanliness of cash register area daily
- Must be 18 years or older
- Cashier experience preferred
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English effectively
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate office machines such as a computer and cash register
- Ability to properly process cash and manual transactions
- Maintains a pleasant and polite demeanor
- Professional appearance required
- Ability to pass a background check and/or drug test
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with customers
Physical Demands include, but are not limited to:
Frequently reaching, standing, turning, walking, running, reading and lifting/carrying objects 10 to 35 lbs. up several flights of stairs.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time Weekends
Pilgrim Parking, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, [Company Name] complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.